Hometown Heroes Banner Program
Main Street Hanover and the Borough of Hanover are launching a new downtown pole banner program to celebrate hometown heroes in Hanover. Family members and local businesses can sponsor a banner to recognize the military veteran or active duty servicemember on a banner for the community to see.
Each banner will list the honoree’s name and branch of service and will be proudly displayed on a lamp post in the Borough of Hanover. Main Street Hanover and the Borough of Hanover will have the sole responsibility of the hanging and removal of the banner. Once produced and installed, banners shall remain the property of the MSH and the Borough until removed and presented to the family or requestor. The banner will be displayed by Memorial Day 2019 for a period of two years and upon removal, the banner will be returned to the person who made the original application request. If the banner starts to show any signs of deterioration before the planned removal date, the banner will be removed and returned to the requestor.
- Prior or current service in any branch of the US Armed Forces or National Guard.
- Service member must be active duty, retired, or an honorably discharged veteran.
- Service member must be a local graduate, current resident or property owner, or a person born here in the Hanover area.
- Along with this form, you must submit:
- A clear photograph of the veteran in uniform.
- $150 fee in the form of cash, check, or money order. Checks should be made out to Main Street Hanover, Inc. If you would like to pay using a Credit Card, please email Justine Trucksess – email@example.com
- $150 fee will cover the cost of banners, brackets, and maintenance for a period of two years. When it is time to renew, you may choose to either pay the fee again or pick up the banner, which will then be yours to keep.
Purchase deadline for banners to be hung in 2019 is February 1. Banners purchased after this date will be hung the following year.
At this time we anticipate 44 banners that we can install.
Businesses can sponsor signs, there is a separate form for that, please find all the applications below.
NOTE: Living service men and women must have a photo release signed – that form can be downloaded below. Returned signed copy to Main Street Hanover, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org