We invite members of the community to show their love and appreciation for the service member in their life. Below are details of our next round of Hometown Hero banners.
Banners will be filled on a first come first serve basis. There are 50 spots available, and priority will be given to those who are to be recognized for the first time. We have a limited number of telephone poles to utilize and will be hanging two banners per pole at our discretion to accommodate the demand.
- Prior or current service in any branch of the US Armed Forces or National Guard.
- Service member must be active duty, retired, or an honorably discharged veteran.
- Service member must be a local graduate, current/deceased resident or property owner, or a person born in the Hanover area.
Completed applications must be returned by October 1, 2023 – to the Main Street office via mail, make an appointment to deliver, or email the completed application and the required photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Along with the application form, you must submit:
- a clear photograph of the service member in uniform.
- .jpg or .png digital format – highest resolution possible
- Support with scanning photographs is available but digital high quality images work best.
- $180 fee in the form of cash or check. Checks should be made out to Main Street Hanover, Inc.
- Online payments are also available, but you MUST contact Justine Trucksess to process – email@example.com for more information.
- When banners are removed, they will be returned to the sponsoring party.
- Living service members must sign photo release.
This program is presented by Main Street Hanover, Inc. the revitalization organization of downtown Hanover. Any proceeds from this program support the Main Street Hanover Fund, that supports the operation of the organization.
Get a Closer Look
Guidelines & Details
Each banner will list the honoree’s name and branch of service and will be proudly displayed on a pole in the Borough of Hanover. Main Street Hanover and the Borough of Hanover will have the sole responsibility of hanging and removal of the banner. Once produced and installed, banners shall remain the property of the MSH and the Borough until removed and presented to the sponsor.
The banner will be displayed from early January 2024 to early November 2024.
Upon removal from pole, the banner will be returned to the person who made the original application request. If the banner starts to show any signs of deterioration or severe damage before the planned removal date, the banner may be removed and returned to the sponsor. We cannot guarantee that the banners will not be damaged or fall from the pole during their year of being hung. We are unable to purchase replacement banners.
Living service members being honored will need to grant permission for their name and likeness to be placed on a banner. The consent form/photo release is included in this the application.