Main Street Hanover COVID-19 Update
PREVENTION NOT PANIC: TIPS & RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PREVENTING THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 – Update: 3.16.20 4:30pm
News about the coronavirus is rapid and constantly evolving, but we remain committed to staying on top of this news and keeping our community informed about the things that matter most and impact them.
What is coronavirus? Coronavirus disease or COVID-19 is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
The best prevention actions you can take to prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Routinely clean/disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Our community businesses need to know that we’re there for them. This afternoon the Governor called for closure of non-essential businesses, including bars and restaurants. Drive-thru and take out businesses are allowed to remain open. Please check with the business before venturing out to see them. It is critical that unnecessary contact is limited.
The Main Street Hanover Office is closed to the general public until further notice – our staff can be reached via email at this time. Our meetings and events for the next four weeks have been canceled, however as the changes occur in the community it may be eight weeks before events are allowed. This is a necessary precaution to take for the safety of our community. We encourage you to still support the downtown individually. Stay well, be courteous of others, and support local. We will continue to adapt as the situation progresses. We want the best for all of you and our community. Thank you for understanding and adapting with us as we all navigate COVID-19
We will continue to monitor the situation and watch for the potential impact it has on our community. We recommend reviewing the following informational materials found on the web – created by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Pennsylvania Department of Health, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), U.S. Chamber, Main Street America, Pennsylvania Downtown Center (PDC), and others to help keep your home and workplace safe and healthy.
Review additional resources to keep your workplace safe and healthy:
- What You Should Know, Situation Updates(CDC)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease(CDC)
- Updated Information on COVID-19(Pennsylvania Department of Health)
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)(U.S. Small Business Administration)
- Main Street Resources (Main Street America)
- YCEA Resource Page – Coronovirus (YCEA)
- PA Downtown Center Resources (PDC)
- Combating the Coronavirus(U.S. Chamber)
- Approved Disinfectants For Use Again COVID-19(U.S. Environmental Protection Agency)