Main Street Hanover launches COVID Conscious Program
Businesses in the COVID Conscious Program
Furs By Susan
Hanover Area Arts Guild
Let’s Play: Games and Hobbies
Levity Salon and Spa
Life in Balance Yoga
Something Wicked Brewing Co.
Main Street Hanover is excited to announce the launch of a new program called COVID Conscious. As our county moves into the Green Phase we look forward to seeing many more people in downtown. As these businesses open it is important for our community to feel like all necessary precautions are being followed. Without customers that feel safe enough to shop and eat, it doesn’t matter if our businesses are actually open. Through this program, businesses have the opportunity to work together to meet the health guideline standards. In order to help our downtown businesses and non-profits communicate safety practices, we have created this program.
Why do we need this program?
- Our small businesses are under incredible pressure due to the COVID-19 virus. If we stand together we provide cohesive action to keep our residents and visitors safe.
- If the majority of our businesses follow the recommended guidelines, our hope is that we not only have success in re-opening but be able to remain open.
- An outbreak of the virus in our community would be devastating and the ripple effects of that would be felt for years to come.
- Many business owners want to follow along with what the majority of other business owners are doing and this program allows us to communicate and keep everyone up to date.
If customers understand who is following guidelines, they can make educated decisions about where they shop or eat. We have developed the COVID Conscious program to ensure that our community is doing all it can to stop the spread of COVID-19, while supporting our small business and non-profit community.
Businesses in the downtown district who would like to be a part of this program can follow the steps included in the program guidelines below.
As businesses start to reopen, please understand they may have just survived one of the hardest professional and personal challenges they’ve ever faced. While they’re excited to open, the owners and employees are still stressed. They’re not through the woods yet. Please don’t go to these businesses and complain about changes that were forced upon them due to lost revenue, lost employees, new policies and protocols. They don’t have the same business they had 3 months ago. They’re doing everything they can to adapt to the situation. Be kind. Be compassionate. Have patience. They’re still trying to recover from battle number one and their next battle of rebuilding has just begun.
Main Street Hanover will continue to support the downtown business owners in this difficult time. As we work to recover, we appreciate the local support downtown patrons can provide. Please be kind when shopping and dining downtown.
Ways that you can continue to support our small and local businesses without leaving your home:
- Shop local online. Many downtown retailers have online stores who can ship or delivery directly to your home.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later.
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you typically order wholesale products with local retailers later in the year, place your orders now.
- Tune in for online classes, activities, gatherings, etc. being offered by local businesses.
$0 ways to support small business:
- Write a positive review.
- Tell your friends and family about local small businesses you love.
- Follow local businesses on social media.
- Engage with their posts.
- Give them a shout out.
- Sign up for their newsletter.